Don’t like zoodles but still miss pasta from time to time?
Then this should be your go-to recipe.
Does it taste like real pasta? Well, no. No matter what the internet tells you, no pasta substitute tastes like actual pasta. But serve with your favorite sauce and it creates a pretty swell fettuccine illusion.
I, personally, am partial to this pesto.
Keto Mozzarella ‘Pasta’
- A microwave-safe mixing bowl
- A microwave
- A rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- A baking sheet
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- Add the mozzarella cheese to the mixing bowl and melt in the microwave (it should take around 2 minutes). Allow it to cool for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the egg yolk to the mozzarella and gently fold it in (use a spatula).
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the mozzarella 'dough' to the sheet and cover it with another piece of parchment paper. Press down until thin (use a rolling pin or with hands if you don't have one)
- Remove the parchment paper from the top and cut the 'dough' into thin stripes akin to fettuccine.
- Refrigerate the 'pasta' for around 6 hours (refrigerating overnight works the best).
- Boil it for about a minute, then run under cold water to prevent sticking. Enjoy with your favorite tomato or pesto sauce.