It’s astonishing how long it took me to realize that I still haven’t shared with you the recipe for what’s pretty much the holy grail of Keto cooking. But we’re not going to focus on that, as I am already embarrassed enough. What we are going to do, however, is gather our ingredients, warm up our pan and get cracking. Because this low-carb dish is to-die-for!
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lbs flank steak cut into strips
- 1 lbs broccoli cut into florets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp ginger peeled, grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- avocado oil for cooking
- sesame oil to drizzle
- sesame seeds to garnish
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place strips of beef in a large bowl or a ziplock bag – whichever you prefer to marinade it in – and add soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Once your beef is ready, place a large pan over medium high heat and heat avocado oil.
- Drain your beef and add it to a pan – don't discard the marinade, though! Stir-fry beef until browned, for around 3 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan add your broccoli florets. You can blanch them in some boiling water or microwave with a couple of table spoons of water prior to that. Or skip it and just add them to the pan, raw. Stir fry broccoli florets for another 3 minutes.
- Add our leftover marinade to broccoli and cook for another 2-5 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your veggies to be.
- Once broccoli is done to your liking, add beef back to the pan and cook, stirring often, until it heats.
- Taste and, if needed, season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with some sesame oil, sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and serve immediately!