Millionaire’s bacon, candied bacon, pork candy – these are just some of the names that are used to describe this dish. I’ll be honest, the first time I heard about it, I was hesitant. Sweet bacon? Mmm, no, thanks.
But then… I gave it a quick thought. I enjoy the combination of sweet pancakes and syrup with bacon, so, why would this be such a terrible idea? So I decided to give it a try. And I didn’t regret it – this stuff is addictive! Which is why I don’t recommend you make a lot of it at once. Believe me, it will be gone before you know it.
You can try a different version of this dish, called ‘maple bacon’, by – yes, you guessed it right – brushing bacon slices with maple syrup, instead of pressing them into sweetener. Just make sure you’re using the sugar-free, Keto maple syrup to keep things low-carb.
Keto Candied Bacon
- Baking rack
- Lined baking sheet
- bacon slices
- brown erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- black pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne or any other spices of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top of it.
- Pour some of your sweetener of choice onto a shallow plate and mix it with the spices. One by one, press your bacon slices into the mix, before transferring them onto the backing rack.
- Bake your bacon slices for 30 minutes or until they reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Break into smaller pieces and serve.