Well hello there all my Keto Southerners and non-Southerners that love grits! Just because you’re counting your carbs now, it doesn’t mean that you’re supposed to bid farewell to your favorite breakfast…or lunch… or dinner.
I’m pretty sure that grits is considered comfort food in the South, and for good reason! It’s hot, smooth and creamy and it just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. And, let’s be honest, there aren’t that many dishes that can do that. But when it comes to substituting things, cauliflower is basically the go-to ingredient in any Keto kitchen. This veggie is super flexible and can take pretty much any shape and texture that you’re going for. Plus, it has a neutral-ish taste that’s easy enough to manipulate, which results in flavorful dishes… Such as this cheesy and creamy Keto grits!
Keto Cauliflower Grits
- 1 lbs cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or cheddar or a combination of both
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion or parsley to garnish
- salt, pepper to taste
- a pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Add cauliflower to the food processor and pulse it until it's about the size of rice grains.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and add butter to it. Allow butter to melt.
- Add grated cauliflower, heavy cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring everything to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove your 'grits' from the heat, add grated cheese and cayenne. Stir until well-combined.
- Garnish with fresh chopped green onions or parsley and serve immediately!