I have decided that it was time to make a spin-off version of my previous Keto granola. While the first one was more of a traditional ‘almond-pecan situation’, this one is truly a treat. Macadamia nuts just bring amazing flavor and a distinct sweetness to this thing! If you liked the first recipe, I definitely highly recommend trying making this one to keep things interesting. The only concern for me, personally, was not burning the nuts because this was the first time I’ve roasted Macadamia all by myself. But, as long as you keep and eye on them – you’re golden… and so should be your roasted Macadamia.
Keto Macadamia Coconut Granola
- Lined baking sheet
- Food processor
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Erythritol sweetener or Keto maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Separately add nuts to your food processor and pulse them until they turn into small chunks. First pulse Macadamia and transfer them to a large bowl, then proceed sunflower seeds – transfer them to the same bowl, and so on. We're doing this because all of them are different in size and some process easier than others.
- Once all of your nuts and seeds have been processed, add sweetener and salt to the same bowl. If you opted for using maple syrup, save it for later. Stir well with the spatula, to ensure even distribution.
- If you're using maple syrup, combine it with melted coconut oil or butter. If you're using granulated sweetener, skip this step.
- Pour melted coconut oil (with or without the syrup) into your mixture and stir well to ensure even coating.
- Spread our future granola on a lined baking sheet and bake it until golden brown, for 10-20 minutes. You will be tempted to stir it while it's baking, but you must fight that urge. Your only job here is to keep it from burning.
- Once your granola is done, remove it from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Break your granola into bits and serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!