Yesterday I shared with you my Keto Baked Teriyaki Salmon recipe… Which made me think: why stop there? And, since I found absolutely no reason to stop, we’re continuing with salmon recipes today!
I don’t really know why, but I tend to forget that salmon is Keto. What I mean to say is that whenever I think of what to cook for dinner, salmon never pops in to my mind like chicken or beef does. I actually think that this is very unfortunate, not to mention – completely unfair to salmon.
But as far as recipes go, salmon patties are probably one of the easiest and quickest things you can cook. This recipe calls for canned salmon, but you can also just buy a boneless fillet, bake it for 10-12 minutes, then flake it with a fork and use it as a base for your patties. Feel free to experiment with different spices and sauces to serve on the side. Our recommendation? Keto Avocado Lime dip!
Keto Salmon Patties
- 12 oz canned salmon drained
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg large
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or regular
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest optional
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Add all the ingredients, except olive oil, to a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Using your hands, a cookie scoop or a measuring cup, make little balls, then flatten them into patties.
- Place a large pan over medium heat and allow olive oil to warm up.
- Add patties to the pan and cook them, until each side is crispy enough for the patty to be flipped. This will usually take 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with some sour cream or our Keto Avocado Lime Dip.