Continuing with the sautéed kale recipes… This is one of my favorite quick and flavorful side dishes that can easily be turned into an appetizer with the addition of a poached egg, bacon bits or crumbled goat cheese. To be fair I’m only suggesting this as tip – the dish itself is fantastic as it is. While dry cranberries aren’t exactly Keto-friendly, we can still use fresh or frozen ones in small amounts. They provide a wonderful flavor, color and texture to any dish… But they especially shine when paired with this delicious sautéed kale!
Keto Sautéed Kale with Cranberries
- 4 cups kale
- 1 oz cranberries frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- butter or olive oil for cooking
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place a pan over medium heat and add butter or olive oil to it. Allow the oil to warm up or butter to melt.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop your kale leaves.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant for about a minute.
- Add kale to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sauté for a couple of minutes until it just begins to turn brown. Turn the heat off. If you're using frozen cranberries, add them to the pan and allow to thaw.
- If you opted for using fresh berries, simply move your sautéed kale to a large bowl and sprinkle with cranberries and hazelnuts.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!