Guess who’s back with another fresh and easy salad recipe? That’s right, me!
I am super into salads lately. I attribute this to the weather, as it has been slowly getting warmer and warmer here. So I find myself constantly searching for something light to eat and enjoy not only with my taste buds, but with my eyes as well. And what can be prettier than this combination of a colorful spring mix, avocado and pan-fried golden-pink shrimp?
Well, look at that, you’re right again: nothing.
Keto Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 6 cups spring mix
- 1 lbs shrimp uncooked
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- butter for cooking shrimp
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, divided may add more
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper
- lemon/lime wedges for garnish
- Place a pan over medium fire and add a generous amount of butter to it. Allow it to melt.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook it until it gets that delicious golden-pink color, stirring often.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Feel free to add any other seasoning you like. Cook for another minute, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together spring mix and diced avocado. Top with cooked shrimp.
- Drizzle with more lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, garnished with lemon or lime wedges.