I don’t know if you’ve already realized this or not, but chicken is my favorite main course ingredient. I really like the taste and the simplicity it has brought to my life. It’s also fairly cheap, so it’s not as painful if you botch the recipe, as, for example it would be to screw up a sirloin steak or something.
I have come a long way since I first started to cook chicken, though. And one of the discoveries that came with experience was that I stopped using black pepper for seasoning. Scandalous, I know! Instead, now I almost always opt to use paprika, as I like the taste better. But even more than that, I love how it gives cooked chicken a beautiful golden color, instead of blackening it like pepper does. You will see this to be especially true with this recipe if you trust me and only season the chicken breasts with salt and paprika. Let me know how it goes!
Keto Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- Lined baking sheet
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- butter for cooking
- salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add butter. Allow it to melt, then add garlic and spinach. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the spinach begins to wilt.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, parmesan and cooked spinach. Make sure your cream cheese has softened at room temperature. If you forgot to do that – microwave it for a bit, until it softens.
- Make a deep cut on the side of each chicken breast. We're basically aiming to make a pocket that goes through 3/4 of the chicken, but not all the way through.
- Using a spoon, stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the spinach mixture. To prevent the mixture from falling out, secure each pocket with toothpicks.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and paprika from both sides, then transfer them to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until your chicken is done. Serve immediately and enjoy!