This tomato sauce is a great alternative to my more traditional Keto Marinara. It works exceptionally well when you don’t have a lot of time or ingredients on your hands. It also has richer texture, because we’re using whole Cherry tomatoes, including the skins! It is cooked in one pan and can be served immediately on top of some zucchini noodles or chicken breasts. Need a quick appetizer? Just scoop some onto your Keto bread and top with Mozzarella and you got yourself a nice Keto bruschetta!
Keto Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes whole
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced, can add more, if desired
- Italian seasoning
- salt, pepper to taste
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and warm them up, allowing to slightly blister.
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and continue cooking them, stirring often, until they get soft.
- Using a spatula or a potato mashes, carefully and gently press your tomatoes, until they pop open. Keep popping them and squeeze out all the juice, while also stirring.
- Reduce heat to low. Add garlic, seasoning and continue to cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and serve.